Monday, February 27, 2012

Achievements!

I think I mentioned before that Fitbit gives you badges for different achievements. Previously, my best ones were 50 flights of stairs and 20,000 steps.

So, yesterday I'm out walking. My favorite local parks is hilly and has a ton of trails. The longest trail takes more than 2 hours, but you can stay in there forever, by looping around, or picking up new trails. When I first started out, I got to around 4000 steps, and was like, "This sucks. I don't feel so great. I want to go home!" I think I ate breakfast too late and just felt weak and crappy. I noticed that I had also done the equivalent of 11 flights of stairs. 

I figured if I got to 10k steps, I'd leave. By the time I got to 10k, I felt better, and kept going. When I got closer to 20k, I was ready to cash it in, but then I noticed that I had logged 77 flights of stairs. So of course I had to keep going until 100. When I had 100 flights, I also had 25k steps. Woo hoo! Click below to see my fabulous badges!


Why yes, yes I CAN walk 5k more steps! (After laying down for an hour, we went bowling!) 

So now I have this crazy harebrained scheme. If I can walk/hike 30k steps, or around 15 miles--and clearly I can--then how about 26.2 miles? I'm thinking of trying it next Saturday. I'm pretty sure at the rate I walk, it would take around 8 hours. (The park is near a Dunkin Donuts, so I can always walk over and caffeinate and get a bagel in between.) I think it would be fun to walk/hike a marathon. 

The weather shows rain for next Saturday, so if I have to push it off a week, so be it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment