Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Scales

I originally wanted one of those Withings scales or an Aria, but since they run anywhere between $120 and $160 (it's just a SCALE, people!), I had to be a bit realistic. Since the primary feature I was interested in was body fat analysis, I just got a body fat scale for $40 bucks from Target, thanks to an awesome friend for a generous Christmas present.

I compared that scale to my old (regular old digital kind) and the weight was identical last night. Which is why I was a little disappointed when I got on this morning and the weight read 189.2. Because I had been down to 187 on the old scale yesterday morning. Whatever. Out with the old.

So, it also measures water content (I guess for determining WHAT exactly is making you weigh what you do), and estimates muscle percentage.

Without further ado:

Weight: 189.2
Fat: 38.2%
Water: 45.2%
Muscle: 29.7%

So, let's do this for a while and see what the numbers show us. Wheee!

No comments:

Post a Comment