Monday, March 11, 2013

Once more, with feeling!

I feel like this entire year (all two and a half months of it!) has been false starts and stops. I keep adding things that I think will keep me driven, but something is just...off. There was a period over the last few weeks where I was just not feeling so hot (emotionally) and then I think all the stress took its toll on my poor bladder, because I ended up with a UTI. All the while I've been going to Zumba (mostly regularly), but sort of spinning my wheels a bit.

So, today I weighed in at 190. A friend and I (hi Kelly!) have a little challenge going, where we're going to log 10k steps a day every day this week, and lose 2 lbs. Nothing heroic. Just something to keep us accountable and make it a little fun and competitive. We have a money component to it, too, but we're not sure how that will shake out.

Also, I accidentally (Freudian, much?) removed myself from the challenge where I was to lose 10% of my body weight by April 4. Basically, when it happened, I would have had a month to lose more than 20 pounds. I'm still in it for the one where I have to be 149 by October 4.

Anyway, I went grocery shopping tonight and it looked a little something like this:


I wanted to make spaghetti squash with marinara, mozzarella and veggie sausage. I have to get the string cheese, because it's already portioned out. I can't be alone with cheese in the house that's not portioned. I also roasted some eggplant and some portobellas, and it was a pretty amazing, filling meal for 472 calories.

I got some english muffins, because I like them with avocado on them (don't judge!), and I'm obsessed with the plain Chobani these days. It's got the consistency of cake frosting and the plain has 130 calories (vanilla has 170, which is BS). I add vanilla extract (zero calories) and stevia (also zero calories) and have it with a banana.

I got a couple Lightlife entrees (they're vegetarian and kinda good for you, and low calorie), you know, for my active lifestyle. Bwahaha! And I got some of that TrueLemon stuff sweetened with stevia also, because it makes me drink like 100x more water (which you wouldn't know it from my faulty bladder this week).

So, that's it. I'm going to make some healthier choices and hopefully start seeing some awesomeness happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment