Saturday, January 28, 2012

The end of overeating?

In addition to cooking healthy food, working out, and blogging about it all, I've also been reading a great book--The End of Overeating. It's by a guy who used to work for the FDA, had his own struggles with food, and reviewed a ton of research and conducted a ton of interviews with science-y folks, food makers and people who struggle with overeating. It's an interesting book that really talks about why for some of us, it's not a question of "willpower," but of overcoming decades of being conditioned a certain way. 

It's a great book because it explains why, but doesn't let people off the hook. There's work to be done, but it's important for us to understand what triggers the compulsive eating. I'm sure I'll have more to say once I've finished the book, but as of right now, I kind of think everyone should be reading this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment