Saturday, January 7, 2012

Healthy day


I decided to go for a long walk today. I was hoping to get in like, 12,000 steps at the park. This usually takes just around 2 hours. I wanted to try to get 20k for the day. I've been able to do this before, so I strapped on the pedometer (5 bucks, CVS, right next to the "diet aids) and off I went. I'm walking, and I periodically check the pedometer. After an hour, it's somewhere around 3000 steps. That's not right. After two hours, I'm somewhere around 6,000. Definitely not right. I walk for a total of 2 hours and 45 minutes and I could not even get to 10,000 steps.

When I got home, I got my shopping list, strapped on a backpack, and headed out for another walk. After about an hour and a half, I'm at 13,000 steps. I stopped in at CVS, got a new pedometer, wore both of them for the next half hour. I check both pedometers. The new one has about 3000 steps. The old one...somewhere around 1100.

 Grrrrrr......

 So right now, I'm officially clocked in at 17,000 steps (or 8.5 miles), but I'm sure after nearly 5 hours of walking, it should be closer to 28,000. Bah.

I'll count that as being a great offset to last night's little debacle. The boyfriend and I wanted a smoothie from a place near New Brunswick. Once we got most of the way there, he announces that he wants a sandwich from the Rutgers grease trucks. (If you live in NJ, you might know about these, if not...look at this link at your own peril.)

I estimate this sandwich at about 1000 gloriously empty calories. And that's all I'll say about that.  I'll donate the missing 11,000 steps to helping offset that mishap!

Despite this insane sandwich, I weighed 3 pounds less today than yesterday.  So, from yesterday's 192, we're at 189!


No comments:

Post a Comment