Sunday, January 22, 2012

Progress

It snowed this weekend, and everything is kind of iced up, so I did most of my working out in the gym. I didn't hit the 20k steps I wanted to get for each weekend day, but I did get 13k and a really good upper body workout Saturday and lower on Sunday. Actually, I may have had too good an upper body workout, because my back is kind of killing me. I had a really bad back injury years ago that I'm still seeing a chiropractor for now. I have to kind of temper the whole "give it all you got" mentality with some common sense about what I can actually handle.

That said, I seem to have broken through the plateau (or, rather, the losing and gaining the same 4 pounds and not actually continuing to lose), because yesterday morning I weighed myself and was 185. I haven't seen that number in a while, and it's really good to be making progress. I originally had a goal of being out of the 180s by February, but I'm not sure 6 pounds is realistic, considering there's only a week and a half left. If it happens on its own, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not changing anything. I'm still eating 1600 calories per day and still working out the same as always.

I cooked more today. Just 3 servings of whole wheat pasta, low-fat ricotta with egg yolks (I fried the whites and ate them as a post-workout snack), 5 chopped sauteed zucchinis, a package of mushrooms, sauteed and 5 chopped lowfat string cheeses (they were cheaper than buying actual mozzarella). I just put it together in a 9x12 baking dish and baked it for 40 minutes. It's not amazing, but it made 6 servings (320 calories each) and it's already packaged up and ready to take to work.

So far this month I have not eaten anything for lunch other than food I've made at home. No visits to the cafeteria, no frozen meals, just homemade food.


No comments:

Post a Comment